As we all know, wearing a mask in public will help reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. However, there are other reasons why it is a good idea to wear a mask in public. To keep our children safe, it is essential they wear a kids mask that fits them well.
Read on to find out more about the perfect fitting of a mask and further benefits of mask-wearing for the safety of your children.
How To Ensure Your Kids Mask Is Being Worn Properly
Help your children to wear their masks correctly by teaching them the following easy steps:
- They should wash their hands before touching their mask.
- If you are going to assist them in putting on the mask, you should also wash your hands.
- Make sure that the size is suited to a kid’s mask for their age. Masks that are too big or too small are uncomfortable and are less effective.
- Pick the mask up by the straps, bands or ties only. Do not touch the main body of the mask.
- Fit the mask so that the chin, mouth and nose are covered. Adjust the straps, bands, or ties to ensure a snug fit.
- Check that your child can talk and breathe easily through the mask.
- Wash hands again before removing the mask.
- Reusable masks should be washed daily. Disposable masks should be discarded if they get dirty or damaged.
Things To Avoid When Wearing A Mask
- Bandanas, buffs and gaiters are not well suited to being used as a kids’ mask.
- Do not touch your mask or your child’s mask while wearing them. Only touch masks with washed hands when putting them on or taking them off.
- Don’t let the mask slip below the nose or wear it under the chin. Keep chin, mouth and nose fully covered.
- Don’t remove masks when in public places.
- Don’t share masks with others.
Other Benefits Of Wearing A Kids Mask
There are further benefits beyond protection against the coronavirus when your child wears a kids mask, including:
- Protection against flu and other airborne viruses.
- Protection for allergies sufferers against pollen, dust, mites, pet hair and other common allergens.
- Protection from toxins in polluted air
For the best quality kids masks, contact MEOAIR today. Our masks and filters are designed using inspiration from nature to protect your child while still allowing for clean and fresh air to be breathed.